View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #270
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Here is an example of a book that does have hard-coded fonts:

Maid for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, Book 1) by Marie Force

It is free in the US store, and does not even have an embedded font, but has hard-coded font. I believe the whole series is like that (up until book 7, book 8 is not out yet).
Had a look at the stylesheet and Times New Roman is used on virtually every selector. No embedded font as you said. That is very annoying. Strange that that would cause a problem like this though- well, strange to me at least. Thanks again.

Quote:
Thanks J-J. Informative thread. In fact, it mentions the book I am reading - Michael Connelly's The Poet. Appears to be a format issue with the book itself. Not a big deal. The embedded font is perfectly readable. Just wanted to understand what was going on. Thanks for the replies J-J and Ducky.
You're welcome.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote