View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 02:06 AM   #86
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I have a couple which I felt had a literary slant to them. On the surface they seem like genre fiction, but in reading them I found they were poetic enough or multi-layered enough to make me want to use the "literary" tag.

The Survival of Thomas Ford by John A A Logan. This was an indie work and as long as you don't mind a grim (rather depressing) story, I found it to be quite excellent. It's certainly one of the books that I keep thinking back upon from this year's reading which has to be a good sign.

Martuk ... the Holy by Jonathan Winn. I might be out of limb for this one - blinded by my own reaction to it. I thought its language was poetic in a visceral way. I liked this authors use of words to elicit gut reactions from me. It's also not a particularly pleasant book. But what can I say - I'm drawn to the darker side of story telling.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote