Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #10060
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
Unless I screwed up the math (or someone beat me to [it] while I was doing the math) 5 tails in a row gives you the best odds.

5 tails in a row is 1 in 32.
Snake eyes is 1 in 36.
7 twice in a row is 1 in 36.
2 aces is one in 220.
Correct (in every answer):

Flip 5 tails in a row: You have a 1 in 2 chance each flip. 1/25 = 1/32
Roll snake eyes: you have a one in 6 chance on each die. 1/62 = 1/36
Roll a 7 twice in a row: 1/62 = 1/36
Get dealt 2 aces: There are 4 aces out of 52 cards to start so the chance of the first card being an ace is 4/52 and the chance the second card will be an ace is 3/51 since we have dealt one card and we're assuming it was the ace. So total odds are 4/52 * 3/51 = 1/220
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote