View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schauberger View Post
Hi,

I recently ocr'd a scanned, pdf book using the ocr function of the PDF-XChange Viewer. However, it works by layering the the recognized text over the original document, which displays quite awkwardly on my Sony 650. Therefore, I am searching for a way to remove the backround layer/images of my document, and at the same time preserve the formatting, and TOC of my original file.
THanks in advance !

Schauberger
I use PDF-XChange free version as my reader but have never tried it for OCRing. I guess that's a PRO feature?
PDFs can be created as either text-over-image, or image-over-text, so there might be an option somewhere?

Also, in that file you linked, I did not see the text over the image (was I supposed to?) so perhaps it's just a viewer setting that is showing it on the reader?

Or am I misunderstanding the issue?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote