View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 10:10 PM   #78
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Nova Scotia rather than Newfoundland - have people read "No Great Mischief" by Alistair MacLeod. A haunting, heartbreaking book, but quite wonderful.

Equally haunting and wonderful: "Le Testament Francais" by Andrei Makine.

And finally, I want to put in a good word for Iris Murdoch. I think my favourite is "The Black Prince" - one of those books you think you understand until you realise eventually that you had understood nothing.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote