Thread: Library Ebooks
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 11:27 PM   #12
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I'm reading my 3rd ebook through the New York Public Library. I don't know how long they've had it, but I hope that their Adobe EPub collection continues to grow. There are many books only available as audio, and many history books I've looked for are in Adobe PDF, which displays on my Cybook Opus but the font is too small and not dark enough for me.

Some books are available in various formats, but many are either in EPub, PDF or Mobipocket format only.

Most of the books I want to read have a waitlist, but some of those are just 2 or 3 people waiting. They have just one copy of many of these. The library notifies me of availability with an email, Then and I have up to 3 days to download and 3 weeks to keep the ebook.

I'm very pleased with this so far. I read mostly purchased or free books on Kindle, but I bought the Opus specifically for library books in EPub format.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote