View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #96
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
The images uploaded until now do not include the very beginning of the eMMC partition, which holds a partition table and the boot loader. I think I'll upload an image of those soon, too. I consider it even more likely that those could get broken than I would for the kernel. So, please give the requested description and hold your breath for 1-2 days until I manage to put the partition header/boot loader image somewhere.
In this post, I presume from the context that you mean the "User data area boot partition" (I.E: The one you can read as part of the rest of the user storage area.)

The eMMC of the K3 has two other, hardware, boot partitions.

The device end (client end, kindle, RAM kernel, whatever you call it) does not have the code to access the eMMC control registers required to access the hardware boot partitions.

Something on one of my many todo lists. Extend the downloaded command processor ("RAM kernel") with some general purpose eMMC utilities.

May never happen, I may die before I get around to it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote