Thread: Accessory port
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #9
mmatej
Connoisseur
mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The script probably has MUCH longer delays than those usleep calls, just in the echo commands. Proc ports often do not return from the echo until they are ready (depending on the device being "poked"). EDIT: In the new linux versions, "proc files" are now called "sysfs files", after they were moved from /proc to /sys.

You are probably driving it way below its resonant frequency. Although there may well be a filter capacitor on the output which could severely impede high frequencies. There may be an ioctl() call so a C program can go faster than writing to a proc file, but I did not find it (yet) in the gpl source code.

But the background noise you hear makes it seem like a filter capacitor is unlikely, so there is a good chance that we CAN switch it fast (even if we need to talk to it at a lower level such as direct GPIO output control using a custom device driver).

There is a HUGE difference between impossible and "almost impossible" (i.e. requiring heroic effort and/or OCD).
Yup, maybe delays are bad. But what are that ticks? Tomorrow I'll try to connect it to speakers with amplifier to check if there are more voices. Somebody should probably connect the Kindle to the oscilloscope to chek that too.
mmatej is offline   Reply With Quote