View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 05:39 AM   #1465
Kieran Seymour
Addict
Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I remember, after reading Stephen King's Danse Macabre, I looked up James Herbert (at that point lots of his work wasn't available in the States) and found Haunted. I didn't like it one bit.

In later years, I found Rats and really enjoyed it.

(I'm willing to say I might have judged Haunted too harshly and likely need to read it again.)
No, I can understand that - it's an odd novel really.

Herbert was well known for the gore and sex in his horror novels, but Haunted was a real change - a proper ghost story and very reined in compared to his usual style. It wasn't as uniquely 'Herbert' as the rest and he was finding his way with a different style of story.

It's a better movie than book, to be honest - Aidan Quinn and a young Kate Beckinsale. Well worth checking out if you ever get the opportunity.

Last edited by Kieran Seymour; 10-26-2020 at 10:38 AM.
Kieran Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote