View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 07:27 AM   #1
RotAnal
Connoisseur
RotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
sudden and remarkable slowdown after user stopping backup of metadata

Hi All,
despite the suggestion of the manual, I have been putting my bigger and bigger (40+k) ebook collection on a (single user) NAS and so far things have gone fine (some but acceptable delay in retrieving books and saving edited metadata). Last time, however, I had the unhappy idea to make a backup of the database via Library Metadata Backup Status. Once I realised that the backup process would have to be extremely long I stopped it.
Since then on, I found that any access to NAS library has been hugely delayed (every and each action to GUI, including list scrolling is painful and always [not reponding] remark appears beside library name in the window tool bar. Moreover, I notice that whenever I hold the library open, NAS drives are constantly in activity, which does not end overnight, even when I don't do anything. Therefore I suspect that anyway backup internal processes have been not stopped actually.
No trouble at all when I access library through a local USB external drive, but it is not practical. In the NAS arragnement, router has been rebooted many times and cables are fine.
Any clue to fix this newer trouble of mine?
RotAnal is offline   Reply With Quote