View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 04:08 AM   #12
stevenaleach
Enthusiast
stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.stevenaleach can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Android Tablet
I voted 100% - which isn't entirely true, since I do own one - and only one - paper book: Mother Earth News's Handbook of Homemade Power from 1974. However, my netbook contains around 28,000 books in epub/mobi formats (in a VERY slow Calibre library) plus a couple hundred gigabytes of PDF's on an external drive. When I hear a book mentioned that I think I might want to read, I usually google it immediately and have added it to my collection within minutes. Similarly, I was curious about the movie that tubemonkey mentioned above - so it is cued up in another tab ready to be streamed (as soon as the How I Met Your Mother episode I'm watching in yet another tab is over). The other day, two older ladies were sitting behind me in a coffee house and one was describing and recommending Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere to the other. Since I've never read anything by Gaiman, and it sounded interesting, I pulled out my tablet while listening - and had downloaded the book before she finished describing it. I have spent nothing on media in many years. Having less than $300 to live on once my rent and phone bill are paid each month, I don't feel guilty about this - I am not denying anyone sales that they would receive without my piracy.
stevenaleach is offline   Reply With Quote