View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #24
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
For my part? I would appreciate some basic instructions I can't even play.
I can understand the difficulty of learning to play this game if you cannot read Chinese character.

However, you can simply Google "Chinese Chess" from Internet and there are a lot of sites teaching how to play it.

Tried the following site and see if it helps - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiangqi

It is a lovely Chess Game which is develop over a very long history and in my opinion is better than the standard Western Chess.

Both Chess games have very similar pieces: King, rook, knight and pawn. But the similarity is ended here as the rule of chess moves are totally different.

The rules used in Chinese Chess are more complicated and that is the fun bit coming once you know the rules well:

- The King cannot move outside his "Palace".

- It does not have a Queen but have two "Personal Guards" to protect the King.

- It does not have a Bishop but have two "Cannons" that can "fire" across another chess piece!

- The moves for knight, rook and pawn are very similarity with a few exception rules.

- There are also a pair of "Elephants" that can only move in "square" (Chinese word for farm field).

I really hope more people can learn to play this game and enjoy it!

The software works very well on the touch screen of Kindle and I have lots of fun from it - Whenever I taken out my kindle and wherever I like...
Awak is offline   Reply With Quote