View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #9
Kittybriton
Kittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: FBReader, Cool Reader and Aldiko (Android Tablet)
At the moment, I'm still pretty much feeling my way.

The thinking is that the QR code encapsulates an entire tune, together with any relevant background information like source, or collection notes. The human reader can define their own output format should they wish to obtain a paper copy. Not having any other devices to play with, I can only infer that since my Chi-Pad can grab a screen shot, there must be others similarly capable.

One of the advantages of the electronic book over paper is the ability to incorporate hyperlinks. The book is no longer limited to references which might require a search through several libraries; the internet makes the contents of huge numbers of libraries available. The problem with the internet (until someone fixes it) is link rot (vide my lament below concerning the fate of my blog).

Depending on how you look at it, the music isn't an essential part of the book I'm working on but it does add a dimension for musicians. The music I'm working with right now has been on my blog for the last three years, but the hosting company is changing direction on December 1st, eliminating blogs and related social media, and I'm loath to let the effort go to waste.

Or as one shining wit expressed it: "What frenzy hath of late possess'd the brain? Though few can write, yet fewer can refrain!"

Last edited by Kittybriton; 08-24-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: untangling of knitted thoughts (ever heard of wooly thinking?)
Kittybriton is offline   Reply With Quote