View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
This actually sounds quite interesting to me. Many guys could probably tease me because I have always been a big fan of female writers such as jane austen and Laura Ingalls.

I think two things actually made me interested in your novel, if you'd care to hear it. The title initially. I am a married man of 13 years and the title of " sentence of marriage" cracked me the hell up. I can relate sometimes. Also the whole idea that this takes place in New Zealand, in which I know nothing about but you do, makes its sound like I get a taste of a different culture by someone who can identify.
Thanks for that. It's *really* good to hear what catches a potential reader's attention.

And, oh, how I admire a man who admits to appreciating writers like Austen! I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the number of men who've said something along the lines of, "I usually read thrillers, but I really enjoyed this."

Yes, it's very much a story of New Zealand, set in places (although not times!) I remember from childhood.
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote