View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 02:25 PM   #5
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallhagrid View Post
I know this is an ancient thread...please don't beat me for posting to it ?!?

I have found a cousin of these readers - a near clone of the Astak EZReader, and since it was very inexpensive I bought one.

It arrived minus any battery - boohoohoo !!

I found that the spare Nokia BL-5C battery for my phone fits the slot and powers it up, but it is too thick for the battery door to shut on this reader.

From what I can find by searching, the Nokia BL-4C battery is very close in size & capacity, but thinner - so I'm thinking that it may fit but I do not have one to be able to check it.

My query:
Has anyone got both of these batteries and could you confirm that they are almost the same but that the Nokia BL-4C is just thinner ??

Thanks for any help.

Addendum:
Another battery that seems to be the same as the Nokia BL-4C battery is a generic number 423450 battery, but since those sites listing it are in other languages it is difficult to be certain...
The great thing about the Hanlin is that it does take an easily replaceable battery. I have a couple of these which I use occasionally and have had no problem fitting the Nokia BL-5C battery. I think you are right about the BL-4C being that little bit slimmer and otherwise compatible.

I've just used a micrometer on four BL-5Cs and there seems to be minor variations in depth. Looking closely the thickest part of the battery is the plastic "flange" at each end; you might be able to pare a bit off there to get the width down to the same thickness as the body (the label which wraps round can extend over the flange and increase the thickness unnecessarily). I have performed "surgery" on a camera battery to provide an index indentation on a cheap replacement battery rather than pay 10x the price for a "proper" one - a bit of ingenuity can be financially rewarding with things like this.

Beware of some allegedly very high capacity batteries (I got a Chinese one marked 2450mA/H). Unless the actual discharge rate and end voltage is quoted capacity comparisons can be misleading.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote