Thread: My ebook plan!
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 01:24 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
My ebook plan!

Hi everybody!

I felt this did not fit anywhere else, so I made a new thread.

As the title suggests, this is about my personal ereading plan fo the nearer and middle future. I'd love to hear similar "stories" from fellow mobilereaders!

It's now the middle of June, summer is starting and my final exam is over (I passed with flying colours, my mark was 1.1, best is 1.0 so no resason to complain) and I'm now theoretically through with studying (although I' do plan on doing my "master of music" degree so I'll still be stuyding for the next to years).
To cut it short, I'm now in a phase of rest and recuperation. I've got a larlge amount of ebooks from various sources ready for reading and am now feverishly waiting for an eink device to arrive. i'm using my PocketPC at the moment, but the small, backlit display and the fact that it's rather uncomfortable to hold are forcing me to read less than I would like...I love to read LOTS!

So my plan goes as following:

I'll wait till the end of June, beginning of July and see if I can get a 2sample" of the Hanlin V2. I'm a typical early adopter, so I'm used to "unfinished" products...
If I don't manage to get hold of a V2 by that time, I'll take a look at the V8. If it looks to be okay then I'll take that.
After having secured an ereading solution I'll then wait and see how the market develops (I hope it doesn't develop into a Dodo...) and get an "advanced" ereading device when I feel that they have progressed far enough down the right track (Maybe something like the Iliad Mk. 4...^^) and I can afford one...

What are your plans?
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote