View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
rjh
Connoisseur
rjh doesn't litterrjh doesn't litter

Device: TungstenT3 Nokia770 BeBook
In my experience, (Palm T3, Nokia 770 batteries) I have had no success at all with these so-called high capacity batteries, even from different sources - ebay and local. Battery capacity was always lower than the original part, and the batteries always deteriorated more quickly as well - often lasting less than a year. Of course, when buying on ebay, by the time you've discovered the battery has a quite low capacity, it is too late to return it.

I'm not saying good high capacity batteries don't exist, just that I've never bought one.

However, the Hanlin battery probably isn't anything special so may more easily be improved on. I certainly don't get anything like the 7000 page turns as rated with my current BeBook battery. More like 1000 page turns although I never turn the device off.

I wouldn't expect significantly more capacity in a package the same size as the original. I see Jinke offer replacement batteries very cheaply, maybe BeBook and the others would be interested in doing so as well.

I don't think that buying an expensive battery will always get you a high quality battery, but buying a cheap one almost certainly won't.
rjh is offline   Reply With Quote