View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
The V9t is delayed indefinitely, so you can remove that one from consideration.

I'm a grad student and have been taking math and statistics courses. I love my iLiad. I have a tablet on loan from my employer and I can't imagine hauling that out in class. The iLiad is notebook sized (like a paper notebook, I mean) and very unobtrusive in class. The battery lasted all day at a conference I was at last month, with frequent note-taking. No tablet on the market today can do that. On the other hand, it doesn't have on-board handwriting recognition and conversion, if that matters to you.

I read journal articles on my iLiad all the time -- I don't bother to print them anymore. I find it very convenient. For most articles, I can read them in "continuous" mode, zoomed slightly to remove paper margins. Some I turn to landscape mode. There are new software enhancements available that handle multi-column page navigation much more neatly.

If you think you'll want to do other things on the device, like run statistics software, watch videos, etc. or if you really want on-board handwriting recognition, you should probably get a tablet. But if you need the long battery life and easy portability of the iLiad, I highly recommend it.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote