View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
And when I spot check books like the 30, 40, 50, 60 year old Rex Stout novels, I am seeing the same $2.00 tacked onto the US prices. There are no import duties etc for Amazon to cover. Even if Amazon is collecting and remitting GST on electronic sales to the Canadian government (which I doubt), that would add 50¢ on a $9.99 book, not $2.00.

There has actually been no official word, right?
Yes, there has. Go to the Kindle Page, click on the link in the box marked "Live Outside the U.S.?", and select your country in the pop-up dialog. Under Canada is says:

Quote:
Free Wireless: Free 3G wireless lets you download books right from your Kindle. No monthly fees, service plans, or hunting for Wi-Fi hotspots. For non-U.S. customers, there are also no additional charges for wireless delivery in or outside your home country.
Which is what is says for all countries outside the U.S. now, as far as I can tell.

Give examples when mentioning pricing differences so that people can double-check.

For example, my book, Kai Lung Raises His Voice, is $7.99 in the US store, and $9.99 in the Canadian store...

which does look like it still has the $2 charge applied. In the UK I am seeing the charge gone.

Perhaps Amazon are still in the process of getting the change put in place, which would explain why there hasn't yet been a big announcement.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote