View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Yes, well, not exactly. The page for Canada states:

Low Book Prices: New York Times® Best Sellers and New Releases are $11.99, unless marked otherwise. You'll also find many books for less - over 135,000 titles are priced under $5.99.

And when I spot check books like the 30, 40, 50, 60 year old Rex Stout novels, I am seeing the same $2.00 tacked onto the US prices. There are no import duties etc for Amazon to cover. Even if Amazon is collecting and remitting GST on electronic sales to the Canadian government (which I doubt), that would add 50¢ on a $9.99 book, not $2.00.

There has actually been no official word, right?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote