Thread: PRS-900 Sony, if you're listening
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #13
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You mean ludicrously expensive, with so many gimmicks added that it overwhelms the primary purpose of the device, which is to make telephone calls?

No thanks. I want a telephone which concentrates on making telephone calls, and a book reader which concentrates on reading books.
I have to agree, and I'm a real tech head that loves having email, web, etc... wherever I go. An iPhone, BlackBerry, or Android phone is for that access, not an eBook reader.

Unrestricted WiFi and 3G? Think about this for a moment. The web is a media rich environment, and as such it has items that are refreshing constantly. Each refresh is a page turn. Translation: decrease in battery life.

Here's another thing to think about. Amazon, B&N, and Sony are in the business of selling books for their respective eReaders; if you're browsing the web, you're not reading a book, thus not likely to purchase another one any quicker.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote