View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
help mobi to epub conversion: lost all images

Hi, I am sure someone must have an answer to this: I have a mobi file and I converted it to epub in Calibre successfully, all the links (contents and notations) work fine as the original. The only issue is I lost all the illustrations (bitmap images not vectors - I guess - as these are all reproduction of 18th century book illustrations) and the final file size shrank from the original 6.3 mb to 0.48 mb (the size difference would be the images I lost). In the pages where there would be an illustration, it still keeps the original caption of the illustration, but no images at all. In addition, it lost the cover image even though I checked using original cover, it uses one small header image file on the fist page as the new cover which only takes about 1/6th of a page size and looks funny. I can always put a new cover image myself when recompiling, but no matter which setting I played around, the illustrations inside the book got lost. Can some one help with this? Or is this possible with Calibre at all? If it's not possible to keep the original illustrations during conversion, is there any way for me to manually incert the pictures (I can extract or screen capture the orginal illustrations in raster image files if needed) back into where the caption is via Calibre? And how to achieve that? Calibre is a great application and I love it - if only the illustrations can be kept during such conversions. Many thanks!
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote