View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 02:52 AM   #4
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
I'm mostly wondering about schools within a book, where the teacher can be accessed via video through a link in the book and discussions can be facilitated between groups through a discussion protocol within the book. Basically the class would be the book, I suppose that has pros and cons, like most things do.

I also think that inline comments in ebooks can be expanded to quite a bit more than say, a twitter feed listing that may or may not be relevant to the paragraph you are reading.

For instance, you come across a tough paragraph and ask the book for a better explanation, the book would know who has read that particular paragraph and then would start searching through that list of people for those who have made the most notes in that book, or highlighted the most passages. The book would then send the paragraph to a few people who it thinks might be able to help the troubled reader with understanding. Fees could be charged for this but they wouldn't be necessary I imagine.

That's part of what I would like the future of the book to read like, I think something like that cold be incorporated into the epub specification for our future ereaders, although it would probably require some software, maybe inside epub package?
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote