View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 11:55 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Read only <<< You need to fix that
It may be a Ownership problem as the file belonged (?) to a different installation at one time . I know backing up to DVD/CD will make all the files READ ONLY, even when copied back to RW media. You can use wxplorer to change that back
i was about to post a similar diagnosis but this put me off
"when I try to set up an empty library is crashes and closes"

the OPs post is unclear as to whether C crashes once he selects the E drive library or crashes before it gets that far.

he does not say but I wonder if he has restored some backup of his calibre config, that points to E:, so Calibre tries to go there immediately and gets a permissions error.

the obvious test is to completely remove calibre, and any associated folders from C drive, do a clean re-install, then try to create an empty library at the default location

then - IF he reports back - we'll have a better understanding. IF he doesn't, well it won't be the first time we've been time-wasted
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote