View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 04:53 AM   #459
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
This is a rant and a plea for help for you tech gurus familiar with Linux. I'm a windows gal.

I have a drive I use for media. It was plugged into my Netgear router and uses a feature called ReadyShare. While accessing the share using SMB1 on my laptop. I suddenly was given an admin\permission error from the Router. The entire folder I was accessing disappeared! I plugged the drive in Windows 10 and everything shows fine except that folder that has ALL my Holiday music. Which was about 80GB. I've tried various recovery software none show anything on scans. They were all in a main Folder with multiple subfolders sorted by Genre/Artist/Album. Is it truly gone?!? The space on the drive has not changed. I'm now also concern about the integrity of the drive because the space hasn't changed. Not hardware per say but file structure wise. There's no way I can back it all up. It's my biggest drive. 3TB and 1.6TB used. Is there a way to check it for errors or repair to the correct size?

I read something about XFS systems on the Netgear forum but my drive is formatted as NFTS. The drive is sitting unused till while I try to grab the backup of music off a very very very slow server off the cloud.

I'm ready to bawl my eyes out if that Router permanently harmed my drive. I'm not able to buy a new one right now. It will never be plugged into the router again. I'll stick it on the Desktop from now on after I get this mess fixed.

The rant is at myself for trusting something I wasn't familiar with.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote