View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 06:56 AM   #65
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post

Thank you for this info, I’m off to read up
I personally think that essay reveals very interesting details about the novel. Nisetich discusses the contradictions in Irene’s attitude (and I think she is certainly an unreliable narrator) and the way she herself uses “Passing” for her own ends despite the fact that she holds the binary “one drop” position to the racial question.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote