View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 08:26 AM   #2
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
I have a refurbished Pw2, and I was able to register it with Kindle, no problem. I should think, as long as it has been reset to the original out of box settings, and not reported stolen, you should have no problem setting up a Kindle account for that device. I can't imagine a situation where Amazon would not want to sell you stuff. If they'll sell me ebooks for my android phones and tablets, surely they will sell books for a Kindle.

I don't know if this will work without registration, or not, but I can connect my PW2 to my PC with a USB cable. Windows sees the PW2 as an external thumb drive, and allows me to drag and drop files onto the PW2. To keep things simple, I use the ebook organizer app called Calibre (Free, and open source). I select a book and click on "send to device". Calibre handles it all, and knows exactly what folder to drop the file into.

Once registered, you can email your books to your kindle via a special email address Amazon gives you.

Try to register your Kindle, I think you will be surprised. I have the ability to reset the PW2 myself, it is an option on the settings menu.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote