View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
pash
pash began at the beginning.

Device: none
^ Thanks for the info! Yep, I also have to take that into account...hmm...I still couldn't find infos on the Arnova hardware specs (also, I wonder if its screen could perhaps be a bother, as most of the comics I intend to read are more on a 4:3 ratio while that display looks more like a 1.85:1 rather than a 16:9...); as for the MPMAN (btw, they also have a 10" which costs around 180€) the CPU is a Cortex A8 1Ghz, with 512MB of RAM; how does that sound to you? Crappy or still decent? Also, their 8" has a resistive screen - doesn't sound like a good option for comics, right? - while their 10" is capacitive.
Anyway it appears that both the Arnova and the MPMAN only give access to AppsLib, so unless there's an easy way to root them Perfect Viewer would be out of reach...=__=
Couldn't find infos on that so far...

Recapping: unfortunately the Nooks aren't yet available here (they should be soon, but I have no infos on the price) as they would probably be a good choice; the other main options so far are the Archos 70, 101 G9, and the PocketBook IQ 701 (the Pandigital Novel also isn't available here)...in the future I could seriously consider buying a JetBook Color (I exchanged a coupla mails with them, btw they're very kind: they said they're gonna add cbr/cbz support in the future with a sw upgrade, and that color pdf comics are already supported) but I still think I'm gonna wait a bit for that, so I'd most probably go for a cheap(ish) tablet right now...now I just gotta choose which one...^_^;;;

Once again TIA!
pash is offline   Reply With Quote