View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #19
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Although I have also read the first couple of sentences of Wittgenstein's 'Tractus' a few times - "The world is all that is the case."
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I have a great Will Durant quote in my mind, and if I can find an ebook of The Story of Philosophy, I'll quote it.
I didn't find my copy, and it appears to be unavailable as an e-book, but thank whatever powers that be for Google Books! Here's the quotation I had in mind:

.....The author believes that epistemology has kidnapped modern philosophy, and well-nigh ruined it; he hopes for the time when the study of the knowledge-process will be recognized as the business of the science of psychology, and when philosophy will again be understood as the synthetic interpretation of all experience rather than the analytic description of the mode and process of experience itself. Analysis belongs to science, and gives us knowledge; philosophy must provide a synthesis for wisdom.
..........—Will [William James] Durant (1885 – 1981), American writer, historian, philosopher. The Story of Philosophy (1926), "To The Reader", page xxxiii.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote