View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #28
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Newspaper reader! Looks pretty solid imo, nice looking hardware.

Also has good res and 3g so it looks like an ideal "Sit on the kitchen counter" newspaper device. If I got one it would never leave home probably, just used for the morning/evening newspaper. Newspaper publishers need to push this kind of device HARD.
I agree...this and the PL Que are the sort of devices I might be convinced to buy if the price is right...I mean which are you going to buy a PRS900 or one of these two devices if they are $400 same as the Sony? I want the 5" reader as my portable device and a large device like this one for other uses at home.

Still I will wait to see what shakes out in the color slate reader device market. I mean if I am using it at home then who cares about battery runtime? Well, battery runtime still matters but is far less of an issue at home. Now, if they take advantage of the new plastic or in the case of this Skiff (wonder how much booze and weed was involved in that name? hehehehe) an foil back-plane they could begin to make these truly environmentally sealed devices. I mean cripes if Pentax can make a $600 DSLR that is weather sealed and sealed from sand, dust and such then no reason a reader with a plastic panel could not be the same as DSLR's are far more complex devices to seal than a reader. But, as usual, I digress...hehehehe...I really do like the things we are seeing as they trickle out before CES.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote