View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #25
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
just how is that? You can have a book on up to as many as six devices registered to your account. I would rather share an account setup just for my friends with Kindles than what appears to be a "lending" policy designed to prey upon the common sense assumptions of people due to the Amazon policy and, I just learned, the Sony multiple device policy as well. Add to that Sony's library deal and B&N is more disappointing every day.

I hope it is a typo by B&N, but to be honest, we are talking about a multi-BILLION DOLLAR company, so there is ZERO excuse for such a gaff. Next this issue was uncovered in a matter of a few hours (I bet it was less than an hour really) a bunch of folks posting to an online forum or twenty, dressed in our underwear, or less...and I am not saying that as a derogatory comment about folks here, but rather I am disparaging the way these companies are run today. The combined knowledge of the users here seems to dwarf the knowledge of this market and how things work, compared to that of the 1000s of employees of the MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR AmeriEuroCorp...that is the joke.
If you want to share the account the eReader format used by B&N has unlimited sharing. Why limit yourself to 6? Of course, this is likely a copyright violation to proved multiple eBooks at once to everybody. By the DRM does not limit you, only the law does.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 10-26-2009 at 02:39 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote