View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 02:43 AM   #22
L1Wulf
Enthusiast
L1Wulf began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I actually saw BookCat previously while searching around the net. The main issue (for me at least), is trying to catalog and organize what I have on disk. Ideally, I would like to have something that allows me to figure out I've got two copies of the same book in different locations or maybe in different formats, etc.

After I bought my Reader I went on a spree collecting everything I could possibly want from Gutenberg, then from many other various sources resulting in a smattering of PDF, RTF, TXT, some HTML and lately LRFs. I would be happy to dump everything into one directory on my desktop, load a program that will scan the whole lot and allow me to then tag and organize them from there. If I really had my way, it would support (natively or via plug-in) the BBeB format so all those Connect books with non-descriptive names could still be parsed/perused and tagged (internally) for easy searching later.

Whew! Obviously, entering titles by hand is something I'd like to avoid, otherwise I would just make a spreadsheet or adapt an Access database for the purpose, or just clean and organize the whole thing by hand using descriptive file names and directories. I'm still crossing my fingers that a good, but affordable, solution will pop up. The app I listed above (Biblioskop) looks like it has some promise, but I haven't been able to spend a lot of time digging around in it yet. I suspect that by the time I do, they will have a new release available.
L1Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote