View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 04:40 AM   #15
HiSo HoBo
HiSo HoBo began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin App (iPad)
@markom, thank you for the long and detailed response/suggestions. The reason why I chose Marvin (ePub), GoodReader (PDF) which syncs with my Google Drive, and Calibre (Book Management) is that I really like Calibre and how I can change metadata, book covers, book summaries.... In the past, when I used iBooks, it would change the names of some of my pdfs and epubs. Plus with Google Reader, you are provided with a lot more options when reading PDFs. It's a bit cumbersome having to use two different iPad reading apps, but Calibre makes up for it with its book management.

I like your idea of using Safari to import into iBooks on my iPad. Bypassing iBooks on my Macbook would keep the pdf/epub file from being duplicated (one hidden in the iBooks library folder and one in the Calibre library folder). Here is my questions, if I import from Safari/Calibre Content Server directly into my iPad iBooks app, will i retain the updated metadatea which I did in Calibre? Also, can I download from Safari/Calibre Content Server, my full library (>300 books/mags) or would I have to do it one by one?

Again, thanks for your help and advice. Much appreciated.
HiSo HoBo is offline   Reply With Quote