View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #164
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
I don't have a kindle so I can't be sure but I'll try to update htaccess to force the download.

I spend a lot of time .... reading .... googling .... to finally find a small typo in fetch.php. It's fixed on github.

You can download the updated fetch.php there : https://raw.github.com/seblucas/cops/master/fetch.php

Thanks taking the time to test.
I spent some time messing around with this over the weekend, but the only way I was able to get browser downloads working on all 3 devices was to move my web stuff into the same folder as my library. No big deal and all working fine now.

I think the problem is that htaccess has to be set up via a bit of a workaround on the ReadyNAS - even when I finally thought I had everything sorted with web/library in different folders and no 'mount' being used, I was actually getting empty (but correctly named) files downloading on all devices.

There was a php error that kept popping up though. I have one .azw3 file in my library and I think the error related to the lack of an azw3 entry in the mimetypes array in data.php - adding an entry for it there has got rid of the error, but I don't know if there are any other effects of having made this addition.

Thanks for all your time and effort with this. Greatly appreciated.

Jill

Edit: Got the message below when I tried to download the .azw3 file to my kindle. Does this come from COPS somewhere?

"Web Browser cannot download this kind of file. Only files with the extension .AZW .PRC .MOBI, or .TXT can be downloaded to your Kindle."

I have a kindle 3 (keyboard) and 4 (non touch) and am able to download and read .azw3 files direct from Amazon on both, but wasn't sure where this message was coming from to know where to look for a solution.
Is a kindle browser restriction.

Last edited by jillmess; 11-12-2012 at 02:59 AM.
jillmess is offline   Reply With Quote