View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #37
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinxer View Post
Thanks Geekmaster. I have recovered my Kindle Touch by "dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1" in diags.

Here's a little suggestion: Please use bs=1M instead of bs=1024. 1k blocks will make the dd progress very slow. 1M seems to be a reasonable block size.
That makes a lot of sense, if the destination partition is a multiple of 1MB. The actual image files start with a flash header that shows the actual size of its contents. It is okay to write a little extra as long as you do not write into the next partition area on the mmc, or lose some data in the last partial block (depending on dd default behavior). I just did it the way yifanlu suggested (1024 is the default minimum block size in linux file systems) and it seemed to work fine, but a larger block size for dd would be a lot faster.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote