View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 10:24 AM   #7
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Interesting nominations so far! About an hour and a half left for nominations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I have generated a list of ideas. The hard part is always narrowing it down!
Oh yes! I still have a little while left to decide so I'm still mulling them over, but my 'shortlist' is, ahem, close to 20 books. Some months I just get a little overenthusiastic I suppose.

The only one I had so far decided on nominating was Three Men in a Boat, and then realised it is ineligible because it was a selection of the regular book club way back in its first year. That's really almost silly since I don't think even one of us was a club member for that, but that's that. It is churning the gears in my mind about the possibility of a tweaked eligibility guideline for older general book club selections though.

Anyway, while I'm still deciding, I'll jot down most of my shortlist here in a spoiler in case anyone is interested for the sake of discovery. It was definitely a 'fun' topic to search for nominations!

Spoiler:
-The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon
-Augustus Carp, Esq. By Himself Being the Autobiography of a Really Good Man by Henry Howarth Bashford
-The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
-Diary of a Provincial Lady by E.M. Delafield
-The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim
-The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
-Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg
-The Hotel New Hampshire by John Irving
-The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
-The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie
-Mr. Penumbria's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
-My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell
-My Man Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse
-Nights at the Circus by Angela Carter