View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 08:30 PM   #49
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
You're not misunderstanding. Because no one knows exactly how it works, everyone has different theories. Best to just try it yourself and see what you think works for you. Even if you get throttled.

I have 20 list categories. I have many hundreds and hundreds of items saved. I even keep the books on lists when I'm done because Scribd allows you to mark them as Finished and filter lists by that category.

I think it counts a "listen" when you download. I'm unsure how it handles listening by streaming versus download. Maybe at the beginning? Maybe after a certain percentage that it isn't considered sampling? That's why I don't sample at all anymore and only download and listen if I'm committed to the book.

I think that the throttling varies per user on a monthly basis. I think there is some monetary algorithm that it is based on. If you are throttled, then you will see a reduced catalog. You may or may not like the reduced catalog options.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote