Thread: NIV Bible
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #32
bakura82
Zealot
bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Paperwhite
Harry, I won't be stripping the DRM to analyze the text. Besides the legal issues involved, I don't find it necessary since the publisher has acknowledged it.

As for everything else being discussed, I would rather not address it since the thread has been hijacked enough. While everyone's opinions are appreciated, they are not really relevant in this case. The fact is, many people DO treat this text as authoritative. Whether they should or shouldn't do so it quite irrelevant in this thread.

I am glad you agree with the warning, but like cmdahler indicated, I doubt Zondervan will do that. The fact is, their priority as a publisher isn't necessarily always "Biblical" -- they are a business entity and that's their primary focus. It's pretty frustrating IMO too. Sony won't even post my review of the book, which serves as a warning to future buyers. THAT is even MORE frustrating.
bakura82 is offline   Reply With Quote