View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #98
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Methinks you overreact a bit here.

More than one of us has given good reason why the likelihood of animated, active ads in a static product like an e-book is slim. And the ads will likely be at the end of the book, possibly some before, and possibly at chapter breaks, thereby not interrupting the flow of the book (less than a TV commercial in a properly-segmented program, since you can flip right by it).

Finally, E Ink was pushed because of its visual similarity to paper, making it more popular with those who were not satisfied with LCD readability, and incidentally because of its low battery drain... not because it was not capable of animation.

I'm not sure what you're referring to regarding the contract, but don't forget: We are talking about an alternative way for authors who also work independently of publisher's contracts to profit from their work, whilst giving consumers a product for lower- to no-cost.
Contract allows control of what the Publisher does to your work.
If you place the product in your work, you did it to your epic
If the publisher places thing into your work, then you lost control.
Look at a certain books, movie series that controls extended even to the origin country of the actors.
Anything between chapters, drops me out of the story.
Maybe that is why I buy DVD's of television shows
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote