View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #77
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
The Japanese Electronic manufacturers do seem to be having difficulty, while the Automakers are doing well, except for a slight glitch with the RAV4 on a new front end crash test recently. I am sure the Auto people will figure it out just like Mercedes did a couple of years back.

The Electronics side is more problematic. I would say at least 50% of them will be back. Or maybe that should be there is a 50% chance that they will be back.
The Mercedes problem wasn't that long ago.
They just made an adaptation that didn't take the crunching factors for the driver's compartment properly into account. It really embarrassed a lot of German engineers.

Not sure what happened with the RAV4 except it was a new test.
Toyota then make some adjustments and failed again.
Personally I like the new RAV4 and considered one some years back that was a lot more Spartan, but I needed something larger to be able to haul equipment in occasionally and so got a Sienna. Great car except for the one time I was upset coming out of a hospital parking lot late at night and drove over a crazy median and broke an internal rack that held the power steering equipment, etc.
Took awhile to get every thing shipshape.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote