View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #60
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
He can't "withhold his books from libraries" - at least not in the UK. The Public Lending Right (PLR) payment was introduced as compensation for authors for the fact that the law was changed so as to give libraries the right to lend any book without the author's permission.
I feel like libraries shouldn't need an extra right to lend books they've legally purchased. Oh well, I guess whatever placates industry groups and lets libraries in the UK keep lending is better than some alternatives.

It makes me a little sad when authors can't see the value in libraries to society as a whole because of their all-consuming sense of self-entitlement.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote