View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by flandroid View Post
Isn't it just the one report, really?

My K4S screen is as contrast-y as every K4B I've seen so far* -- which doesn't necessarily preclude better quality control, maybe I have a really good unit, but I still think it's a bit soon to say the K4B has 'consistently better' screens or that they have 'probably' switched manufacturers.

*even better after the 4.1 update, but that's just because of the font tweak
It's not just one report but a few people have noticed this. Yes there are some good K4S out there but the alot of them had quality issues with poor contrast. If I had a nickle for every person last year that PM me or came to me about it I could buy an Agency book!

There are two here including me that have both gotten K4Bs with excellent contrast and I suspect you will see more and less problems than with last year's model.

Just so you know I don't use Amazon's Fonts on my K4s. So it's not due to enhanced fonts.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote