View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #118
TCCPhreak
TCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4GNT
Hi hostar, thanks for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostar View Post
Does it mean, that you can select "Adjust battery", but can't select Enable USBnet? As you wrote, dd the main partition with correct backup should fix it.
I have access to the diags menu and can even select USBnet or "Export USB Device" if I'm quick. The ENABLE_DIAGS was copied this way: I selected Export USB device and then tried copying the file from terminal and hoped that the Kindle would refrain from freezing long enough for the file to be copies without any trouble due to the "no clean disconnection".

So I can enable USBnet. But I'm lucky to have ssh-connected to the Kindle before it freezes - so zero chance of running a 350-MB-dd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostar View Post
Can you select in diags "Export USB device"?
If so, you can try to install RUNME hack and put RUNME.sh with proper commands inside to Kindle.
I could try to quickly copy the RUNME.sh - the same way I did with ENABLE_DIAGS. I'd hope for it to run "completely" before the Kindle freezes and reboots again.

Also thanks to geekmaster for the information on the crc fail. One of my guesses was that the flash just was extremely broken and therefore refusing to accept anything.

I think I'll try reflashing the diags-kernel and hope that this fixes the freezes. My main problem is that everything outside of fastboot is a race against time.

Regards,

TCC
TCCPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote