View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #23
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
That's really nice of them and good to hear they have such commitment to customer service. I'm even more pleased that I bought the lot of sale books directly from their site (in addition to the supporting DRM-free multiformat thing) and would gladly buy more such direct discount offers now.
Robert Rosenwald, the Poisoned Pen Press president, just got back to me from his doctor's office (!!!) to let me know that the website payment system is up and running now. I just tried it and was easily able to buy and download the six books I wanted. I already had the other promo ones, or I would have bought them to try too.

I too plan to buy more from them directly, both because of the prompt customer service (Kobo are you listening?) and because of the two format DRM-free way of selling. I mentioned both those things to Robert in my return e-mail when I confirmed that the payment system was now working.

They aren't historical mysteries, but I also really like the Steven F. Havill/Posadas County mysteries, which are (most? all?) Poisoned Pen Press e-books now. They are very definitely police procedurals and not historicals, but I find them engaging and interesting, although it may help that my dad's family is from New Mexico, so the books' settings feel very familiar to me. In that series again (if you want to try one) there is an out-of-order prequel, One Perfect Shot, which is the newest book. It's not $0.99, but is only $6.99, which is very reasonable, IMO, for a brand new book. Other than that they run pretty much in order except for Red, Green or Murder, written fairly recently, but fitting in after Bag Limit (according to SYKM).

Last edited by sufue; 01-10-2012 at 02:18 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote