View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 11:36 PM   #2
DuaneAA
Connoisseur
DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & Kindle Fire HDX
The Kindle Unlimited option has suddenly become a lot more interesting, if I am understanding this correctly.

For several years I did the 24 audiobooks a year deal from Audible, which cost something like $240. I retired three months ago and knew I wouldn't spend as much time in the car, where I do most of my listening, so I dropped to the 12 audiobooks a year plan, which costs $150 or effectively $12.50/month. So the Kindle unlimited option at $9.99/month would be cheaper. It sounds like they only have about 2,000 titles at the moment that have the audio option, but I am certain that will grow over time.

So do I have it straight? Can I drop my plan with Audible and go with Kindle unlimited instead?

Note: It seems like most of my reading these days is audiobooks. I read so few ebooks that it seems cheaper to buy individual books rather than get the unlimited plan. But if I can get both ebooks and audiobooks, then it might be worthwhile.

Duane
DuaneAA is offline   Reply With Quote