View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 09:22 PM   #11
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
That said, I use my 64GB iPhone for listening to audiobooks. I listen to them only in the car and I have a cable that connects between the headphone jack on the phone and an "AUX" connection on the front of my radio. I put my books -- all purchased from Audible -- on it through iTunes and then use the Audible app to listen to them.

Audible does not seem to have any good organization and iTunes buries *everything* so I can never find what I want to listen to through the phone's native music app. I organize and upload my content through iTunes and then I use Audible to listen to the books.
I use the Audible app on my iPhone as well. I don't load content with iTunes, rather, I download the audiobook directly from Audible when I'm on a WiFi connection. I also only listen to audiobooks when I'm in the car -- actually, when I'm alone in the car -- and have the same set-up as sakura-panda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
When I swim, I listen on an Aerb waterproof MP3 player. As with Charlie, it's a different book, it would be too hard to find my place if I switched back and forth.
I love the idea of listening while swimming. I plan to start swimming laps when I retire and will no longer be spending 3/4 of each month away from hme. I'll definitely be researching a good waterproof player and headphones.

Although I've only listened to books from Audible.com so far, I've been downloading the books from this summers SYNC offering. Since they're a series of MP3 files, they need to be organized in a playlist of some sort so that they play in the right order. Don't know what app to use on the iPhone to listen to these books. Any suggestions?
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote