View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #114
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Perhaps you are looking for some indication about how the list is currently sorted? The TASPD idea seems to indicate that. If there is space on the action bar then the icon can be accompanied by text. Alternatively the current sort could be displayed somewhere such as at the top of the grouping drawer where the current group is displayed.
Exactly. Right now I have it hidden in the menu, but it might be acceptable to show it in order to see the current sort and sort direction.

Having said that, I think I like your idea a lot better. Show it in the top section of the grouping drawer under to the grouping information. Since that line can get long, I would leave the grouping information line alone and have the next line become

XXX books sorted by YYY Ascending (or descending as the case may be).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Or (said somewhat tongue in cheek) there might be a way to pop up a "current status" display showing how many books in the library, how it is grouped, and how it is sorted. Perhaps a long-press on the affordance icon in the corner.
This might not be as terrible as you think. Still very terrible, just not as terrible.

Last edited by kaufman; 08-01-2014 at 02:38 PM.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote