View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #9
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut View Post
Hi, I have absolutely no idea what code goes into a CSS but the short example for the Arial Black looks like something I should be able to handle in calibre. But I was wondering if the quotes go around the name of the font as in the example? I have tried simply experimenting with different codes using the example as a template but it is rather tedious to shut down calibre, safely remove hardware, check result on reader, open up calibre, reformat book, etc. etc. I done that 5 times and then my PC balked...
The font family name for whichever font you want to use goes in quotation marks. In windows, if you double click on the font file you will see this next to 'Typeface name' (see attached picture).

When I was trying to get this to work, I used a SD Card reader and just moved the card between my computer and the reader. It was a lot easier than connecting the reader to the computer each time I wanted to test the revision.

Quote:
I tried to look up CSS codes on the Internet and I am not sure what's the right format for the PocketPro. Also, if I am specifying a bold font such as BOOKOSB.TTF, do I need to put "bold" into the font weight code as well?

Thanks for any hints!
booknut
If you insert the code exactly like Wallcraft's example, it should work. Just replace the font family name with the name of the font you are using (it should be exactly what you see next to typeface name) and replace the file name of the font with that you put on the SD card in the fonts directory. Remember that the font file name is case sensitive, so make sure you type the file name exactly as it is on the device. If you want to specify a bold font, you will need to put 'bold' into the font weight code. You can look at my original post to see how to define the italic, bold and bold italic font faces. The only difference between my post and Wallcraft's revision is that in his the default serif and san-serif font is being redefined, so you don't have to add the body override that I show.

You can put this code in the extra CSS box in Calibre and then do a conversion and Calibre will add this for you in the epub's CSS. You can only do this for non-DRM'ed files.

I hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arialblack.png
Views:	765
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	38422  
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote