View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 10:06 AM   #1778
Liknus
Liknus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That does not sound correct.
Post a tree of the Kindle:/extensions directory.

A simply "copy" is usually not the way to install KUAL extensions.

Usually you have to un-archive a KUAL extension archive into the top level of visible USB storage and let it re-create the directory structure in the archive.

I think you are either mis-describing what you are doing, or are trying to shortcut the process.
With 'copy', I mean drag&drop from the .zip file.. Now I'm doing the whole process again the last time..

- Reset to default settings.
- Once rebooted, I don't set-up any wi-fi network of Amazon account.
- Jailbreak by dragging&dropping the required files and folder into the device root (from kindle-k4-jailbreak-1.8.N) -> unplug the microUSB -> Reboot the device.
- You are Jailbroken text file appears in my dashboard.
- Drag&drop Update_mkk-20141129-k4-ALL_install.bin into the device root from kindle-mkk-20141129-r13408.tar.xz -> unplug the microUSB -> Update your Kindle -> Update succesfully, you Kindle is restarting screen appears on the device.
- As of now, the root folder of my kindle is made off of two folders (documents and system) and a text file (DONT_HALT_ON_REPAIR).
- After the reboot, I drag&drop KUAL-KDK-1.0.azw2 into the documents folder, -> unplug the microUSB -> launch KUAL from the dashboard -> pop-up error appears
- As of now, the root folder of my kindle is made off of three folders (developer, documents and system) and a text file (DONT_HALT_ON_REPAIR).
- Extract kual-gawk-1.5.N.zip in the root of K4, such that now I've got the following 'situation': four folders (developer, documents, extensions and system) and three text files (ChangeLog.txt, DONT_HALT_ON_REPAIR and VERSION). -> unplug the microUSB ->launch KUAL -> same pop-up error as always

That's exactly what I'm doing..
Cheers,
L.
Liknus is offline   Reply With Quote