View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #47
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Personally I hate the entire concept of "enhanced" books. I don't want my paper books singing to me! I even get irritated with musical birthday cards!

How much bigger would each book file be with unessesary audio or video files? A normal epub generally isn't much bigger than 2-3 MB. You start adding video and sound files into the mix, and all of a sudden you could be looking at a 200+ MB book.
In addition to the size of the files, I would imagine that battery life would be severely affected by playing sounds and video instead of straight text.

Not for me, thanks!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote